The Microsoft Office Activation Assistant (OAA) is a tool that allows customers who have the 2007 Microsoft Office system preinstalled on a new PC to:
- Buy a product key; or
- Get a key to activate a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Professional 2007.
After the OAA is installed, the customer can use a desktop icon to obtain a trial product key and find more information about Office Professional 2007.
- Increase sales. Capture that second-chance opportunity to sell the 2007 Office system by redirecting trial customers back to you for the final sale. Now you can include your contact information in the new Office Activation Assistant.
- Strengthen customer relationships. Starting in May 2008, your 2007 Office system trial customers will receive regular email from Microsoft with options for purchasing a full license. You can customize the OAA to always show your business as the first place for customers to contact when they are ready to purchase the 2007 Office system.
- Make updates quickly and easily. Update your contact information or include promotional offers anytime. Use the server-based application to make changes and keep your customers well informed.
- Improve customer experience. The user interface has been simplified to make it easier for customers to navigate through the key purchase options. In addition, customers no longer need to fill out lengthy forms—and only an email address is required for trial activation.